Saturday, March 20, 2010

Fallen Marine

Us Marine wives stick together, weather we are friends in real life, friends through blogs, or facebook or support groups. We really feel connected even though sometimes, we haven't met. We share our ups and down and support each other through the hardest times. I follow a blog of another Marine wife over at A Little Pink in a World of Camo, made a post this week with every military wife's worst fear. Her husband, Cpl Jonathon Daniel Porto died in Afghanistan on March 14th. He leaves behind his young wife and 9 week old daughter that he never got a chance to meet and hold. He is from Florida and his service will be held in St Pete. I am hoping to attend but will see how things play out. Please pray for his young wife and daughter. This hits SO close to home for me, and I can't imagine what they are going through right now.

It's only a few more weeks until Mike is coming home. I can't wait to see my daughters' little faces light up when they see him. This deployment is kicking my butt and I need my husband back!!! I'm feeling pretty selfish right now. Come back Mike!!!! I love you!

No comments:

The Mama

My photo
What can I say? I'm fabulous! *kidding* I'm pretty simple...wife and mom who does her best with what she has!