Friday, April 22, 2011

Friday Fill In



How many pets do you have? And what type?
We just got a pure bread English Bulldog named Maggie. She looks mean as hell and thinks she's a total badass but she couldnt be any sweeter if she tried.

What are your favorite projects to do while hubby is away?
I try to stay busy when the hubs is home or away. Its usually with our kids' activities like dance, music, sports or art classes of some type. When he is gone, I usually hit the gym a little harder.

What are the must-haves in your deployment care packages?
I usually send my hubs some health or gun magazines, some healthy snacks or homemade cookies. Our kids put in art projects and pictures. I sent a ton of toiletries last time because they literally had no PX to buy toothpaste or deodorant or anything. I usually just take requests from the unit...once my hubs told me to send all the supplies for s'mores.

If you could star in any TV show, which would it be?
I am drawing a blank. It would be fun to play a Zombie in The Walking Dead. That makeup must take hours.


What's the biggest hurdle you faced during your significant other's first deployment?
Define deployment...would that be his one year unaccompanied tour right after we got married? Or his first time in a war zone? Not sure BUT the toughest time I had was his deployment right after we moved to Tampa. I had just had our second daughter and found it hard to juggle the new baby and the 2 year old without any friends or family around. I pulled it together and came our swigin' but it wasnt easy at first!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm a new follower. I lived in Oki from /07 to /08. We had to cut our tour short because one of my babies got really sick and they psc'd us back stateside. I love finding blogs with people living there currently. We too chose to live on the economy. Although since my hubby was at Foster we were closer to Aruba Pirate Ship Park. I hope you enjoy your time there as much as we did. :)

The Mama

My photo
What can I say? I'm fabulous! *kidding* I'm pretty simple...wife and mom who does her best with what she has!