Friday, September 10, 2010

Mil Spouse Friday Fill In

Ive decided to participate in the Mil Spouse Friday Fill In. Hopefully my readers will get to know me a little better!




1. Do you set goals for yourself during deployment?
Always, even small separations I set some type of goal. Get a kid potty trained or
off of a sippy cup, lose weight, organize something, get involved in a new group or activity or class. Thing like that. I think it's soooo important to set goals for yourself and to think about yourself during deployments. I could never be one of those girls that juts sits by the phone or computer waiting and waiting.

2. What would you say to someone dating a military guy or gal?
To really think about your future with them before making spur of the moment decisions. I feel like a lot of really young girls fall head over heels in love really fast. Which is fine...I did too. But being a military spouse isn't easy and they should look at it at all angles before making a huge part of their lives.

3. If you have children, how do you prepare them to move to a new place?
When we moved here from Okinawa, Big Sis was only 2 and Lil Sis was still baking. Big Sis was sad to leave her friends but didn't fully understand things. She is such an easy kid when it comes to transitions. She loves her new room, new bed, new house. She started a new school and made new friends. Our move coming up will prove a lot more difficult I'm sure since she is 4 and a half now. We'll figure that out soon I guess.

4. Name one hobby that gets you through alone time.
Well as all of you already know, I'm a fitness fanatic. So when the hubs is gone, I step it up at the gym. Try a new fitness class maybe. At home, I like to decorate. I get a lot of my ideas through decorating blogs.

5. What's the one food you don't ever get tired of?
I can't think of one food. I love to eat...everything. Except green peppers. My fav is Italian though. I make some killer Italian food. Pizza too. And Quesadillas. And my homemade chicken noodle soup...homemade noodles and all. Told ya I like food!



I have some awesome pictures to post this weekend. Stay tuned!!


No comments:

The Mama

My photo
What can I say? I'm fabulous! *kidding* I'm pretty simple...wife and mom who does her best with what she has!