Thursday, May 5, 2011

Tadake Falls

Last Saturday we headed up to Tadake Falls. We grabbed a bunch of Marines from the barracks and another couple who we are friends with and drove an hour up there. You start out in a small creek and hike through the river (just below waist deep) until you reach the falls, which took about 30 minutes. It was a tough hike! The falls were amazing although a tad chilly. Of course we didnt stop there. I dont know who's idea it was to hike to the top. O.M.G. We were literally climbing straight up a cliff with wet shoes to add to the drama. Then had to repel back down.
If you are in Okinawa and want to try out this waterfalls...I highly recommend it!! Although I would not bring kids under the age of 10 or 11. Wear lightwear sneakers with a good grip on the bottom and dont attempt the hike to the very top unless you are in pretty good shape. I did it with Marines who PT every single day and even they were slipping and out of breath. Check out the pics!!














No comments:

The Mama

My photo
What can I say? I'm fabulous! *kidding* I'm pretty simple...wife and mom who does her best with what she has!