Sunday, October 3, 2010

Staycation

We had a fantastic weekend! It started off with dinner our with a bunch of friends. We had a total of 7 kids with us and the night actually went pretty well! On Saturday, I was asked if I would perform some dances from Zumba at the local mall to promote a new perfume that Dillards had. Of course I said yes! We danced for about an hour and had a huge crowd! I should have some pics and video from that within a few days.

Our friends invited us to a staycation at a beautiful resort on St Pete beach for the rest of the weekend. We went to TradeWinds Sandpiper resort. Highly recommended for military families. They offer $300 suites for about $100 to military families! We got a huge suite with a balcony. It was beach front with cabanas and hammocks and bars. I absolutely LOVE being able to drive 30-40 minutes and be in paradise. It makes me giggle inside when I see all these people who pay thousands to come here and I only paid for a little bit of gas. I really love it here and all the things we are able to do. We had a blast! All of the kids had a great time and it was a nice way to say good bye to our deploying friend. He leaves on Tuesday, so say a prayer for a safe return please! Here are some pics!

Here is Lil Sis showing off her cuteness.

Big Sis


Of course the Hubs had to show off his cuteness too!




Cason is soooooooooooooo cute!

Friends poolside

Friends beachside

The hubs and me chillaxing in the hammock







2 comments:

Expat Girl said...

Aw I love the pic of you and your husband in the hammock : )

Unknown said...

It sounds and looks like you had a fabulous time!

The Mama

My photo
What can I say? I'm fabulous! *kidding* I'm pretty simple...wife and mom who does her best with what she has!